February 27, 2015
A Reno woman is dead after being trapped in the burning kitchen of her northeast Reno home.
Fire officials say Mary Lee Thigpen, who was in her 80s, died in
the blaze despite efforts by firefighters to reach her.
Battalion Chief Rik Kajans says they were forced back by the
heat of the blaze and could not enter the house until they had
knocked down the fire.
Kajans says the fire started in the living room, where there was
a portable heater and a wood-burning stove.
Most of the small one-story house was destroyed in the blaze,
which also took the life of a dog.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.