December 20, 2014
RENO, Nev. (AP) - Reno fire officials say old wiring sparked a small fire in the basement of a Reno motel. There were no injuries.
Investigators say the fire at the Morris Hotel on East Fourth Street was sparked Thursday morning by older electrical wiring that ignited a box of stored Christmas decorations and a chair.
The hotel manager tried to put it out with a fire extinguisher, then pulled the fire alarm.
About 30 occupants were evacuated but were allowed to return in
about an hour.
(Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.