About a dozen people were evacuated from a
Reno freight depot and surrounding businesses today after a plastic
container holding about 200 gallons of hydrochloric acid was
ruptured during a tanker loading process.
The precautionary evacuations came after hazardous materials
personnel from the Reno Fire Department confirmed the liquid was
Fire Department spokesman Steve Frady says one person who worked
at the depot was taken to a hospital for evaluation.
The incident occurred at the A-C Freight Systems depot just east
of the Spaghetti Bowl.