School Mercury Scare

By: Koula Gianulias
By: Koula Gianulias

Officials evacuated Carson High School on Wednesday because of a mercury scare. Someone tampered with a blood pressure machine in the nurse’s office, which caused the spill.
School officials say they found less than a teaspoon of mercury on the floor, but they wanted to take every precaution. They narrowed it down to 17 students and 8 staff members who had been in the nurse’s office over the past three days. Tests have revealed that at least one student had traces of mercury on his or her clothing.


KOLO-TV 4850 Ampere Drive Reno, NV 89502
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 1854357 - kolotv.com/a?a=1854357
Gray Television, Inc.