September 4, 2015
RENO, Nev. (AP) - Fumes from a floor sealant forced the evacuation of about 100 customers and workers at a Reno grocery store.
Reno firefighters responded to the Winco Store in north Reno at about 8:30 a.m. Friday after some people complained of a strong odor and minor respiratory or eye irritation.
Fire spokesman Steve Frady said seven people were treated at the
scene by paramedics, including two who were transported to a local
hospital as a precaution. They were not believed to be seriously ill.
Frady says the floor sealant reportedly is nontoxic and has no long-term health effects. It was being applied as part of normal maintenance.
The store later was reopened.
(Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.