November 25, 2014
Authorities say a deadly house fire that killed a Fallon woman was sparked by a burning or smoldering cigarette.
An autopsy found Connie Jean Winterton, 41, died of asphyxiation.
The Churchill County sheriff's office said the fire Monday began in a recliner.
Authorities said Winterton told her 6-year-old daughter to leave the house when the smoke detector activated, but she herself remained in the house for unknown reasons.
The child was unharmed and ran to a neighbor's house, who called for help.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.