September 3, 2015
Authorities in Elko County say a Ryndon couple has been hospitalized with carbon monoxide poisoning after the fresh air intake of their pellet stove sucked in exhaust fumes from a generator.
When Elko County Sheriff's deputies arrived at the residence around 4 a.m., John Tinnin, 56, was unresponsive and Thelma Tinnin, 54, was disoriented.
Undersheriff Rocky Gonzalez says both are expected to make a full recovery.
Investigators think a power outage may have caused the family's generator to turn on and, because of inversion conditions, exhaust fumes were held to low areas and sucked into the fresh air intake.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.