May 29, 2015
- Shop during daylight hours whenever possible.
-Dress casually and comfortably, and avoid wearing expensive jewelry.
- Do not carry a purse or wallet, if possible.
- Keep cash in front pocket.
- If someone makes you feel uncomfortable, move in the direction of witnesses.
- Display confidence by walking with a purpose, scanning the area around you and making causal eye contact with others.
- Beware of strangers approaching you for any reason.
- Trust your instincts.
- Do not leave valuables in plain view in your car. Put packages in the trunk.
-Park in a well-lighted area.
-Have your keys before you leave for your car.
-Keep valuables and money in a pocket or small purse with a strap that can be worn across your body.
-Look inside and under your car before getting inside. Lock your doors promptly.
-Be discreet when paying for merchandise if you are carrying a large sum of cash.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.