November 24, 2014
The Nevada Supreme Court building was closed again Tuesday because of a lingering burning-rubber smell caused by a weekend malfunction of an elevator's hydraulic pump that spread oily smoke throughout the three-story courthouse.
The building was closed Monday and was supposed to open Tuesday.
But at midmorning employees were sent home as cleanup efforts
Fans were used to purge fumes and workers washed down walls and other surfaces to get rid of oily residue.
Court spokesman Bill Gang said there was no fire and no damage to any court documents.
He said a clerk in the building on Saturday noticed the smell and called the local fire department.
About 110 people who normally work in the building.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.