Nevada High Court Remains Shut Down By Smoke, Fumes

The Nevada Supreme Court building was closed again Tuesday because of a lingering burning-rubber smell caused by a weekend malfunction of an elevator's hydraulic pump that spread oily smoke throughout the three-story courthouse.

The building was closed Monday and was supposed to open Tuesday.

But at midmorning employees were sent home as cleanup efforts
continued.

Fans were used to purge fumes and workers washed down walls and other surfaces to get rid of oily residue.

Court spokesman Bill Gang said there was no fire and no damage to any court documents.

He said a clerk in the building on Saturday noticed the smell and called the local fire department.

About 110 people who normally work in the building.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
KOLO-TV 4850 Ampere Drive Reno, NV 89502
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 11868901 - kolotv.com/a?a=11868901
Gray Television, Inc.