32 mins ago
- A 21-year-old Elko man who pleaded guilty to attempted animal mutilation after he admitted hacking a cat to death with a sword has been ordered to spend six months at a boot camp in southern Nevada.
- A pleasant, quiet week of fall-like weather is on the way, followed by warmer conditions this weekend. High pressure will be the main weather player overall, keeping the weather dry and warming temperatures by the end of the work week. A back-door, dry cold front will bring a shot of cooler air into the state from the northeast on Wednesday. This will drop daytime highs into the 60s across the Great Basin, and bring the coolest numbers of the fall season so far Thursday morning. Many valley locations in western Nevada will dip into the 30s, with a few spots briefly dropping into the upper 20s. While a widespread hard freeze is not expected, gardeners take note! -Jeff
- Advocates of protecting sage grouse habitat across the West say new research shows visitors to western federal rangelands with significant tracts of sagebrush pumped more than $1 billion into the economy last year.
- 4th Annual Ride for R.A.V.E fundraiser helps local organization provide respite to families caring for children with special needs, while training high school students to work with these very special children.
- Sierra Nevada Community Aquatics (SNCA) annual Aquafest fundraising event will be held this Saturday, September 27th at Idlewild Pool and the California Building. The event assists SNCA in its nonprofit mission to promote, facilitate and coordinate the sustainability and expansion of aquatic resources within the Truckee Meadows.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.