Do The Nugget Tonight!
For all the latest information on our weekly top-name entertainment, go to janugget.com and Do The Nugget Tonight!
Local Entertainment News
Cobain is Focus of New Documentary
Posted: 6:16 PM
- Kurt Cobain is the focus of a new documentary that probes the life and untimely death of the Nirvana singer-guitarist.
AC/DC Drummer Clowns Around in Court
Posted: 5:44 PM
- AC/DC drummer Phil Rudd showed up late for a New Zealand court appearance and clowned around by jumping on the back of one of his security guards outside the courthouse.
Cirque Show Scene Returns After Performer's Death
Posted: 4:42 PM
- A key battle scene near the end of Cirque du Soleil's "Ka" show is coming back more than a year and a half after a performer fell 94 feet to her death when a wire rope snapped during the stunt.
New Fey Sitcom Headed to Netflix
Posted: 6:11 PM
- Netflix has picked up two seasons of a new sitcom from Tina Fey.
Rough Week for Fox in Nielsen Ratings
Posted: 6:13 PM
- If Fox launches a comeback over the next couple of years, the network may very well look upon the week before Thanksgiving 2014 as its low point.
Music Industry Debates Streaming
Updated: 5:21 PM
- A debate has been brewing in music industry circles about the financial and creative value of streaming music, even as its popularity and impact skyrocket.
Cowardly Lion Costume Fetches $3M
- Bert Lahr's Cowardly Lion costume from the classic film "The Wizard of Oz" has sold for more than $3 million at an auction in New York City.
Bill Weir's CNN Show to Start in 2015
- Bill Weir's new series on CNN will entail a lot of travel.
Chestnut Gobbles Up Over 9 Pounds Of Turkey
- Competitive eater Joey Chestnut has won a turkey-eating contest in Connecticut, setting a record by devouring an entire bird.
Awards Show Has Worldwide Flavor
- Is this the AMAs the American Music Awards or the Australian Music Awards?
Mockingjay Sets Pace At Movie Box Office
- "Mockingjay, Part 1" didn't catch fire like the last installment of "The Hunger Games," but it still set the highest opening of the year with $123 million at the weekend box office.
Reno and Vegas Cosby Performances Canceled
- Officials at the Treasure Island hotel-casino on the Las Vegas Strip say they've mutually agreed with comedian Bill Cosby to cancel his upcoming performance there amid a growing number of sexual assault allegations.
"Queen Latifah Show" Ending After This Season
- "The Queen Latifah Show" will be ending after this season.
Billy Joel to Set MSG Record
- Billy Joel will set a record for the most performances by any artist at Madison Square Garden with his upcoming 65th show scheduled for this summer.
Swift Getting Award for Excellence
- Taylor Swift is getting a special - and new - award from the American Music Awards.
ABC to Celebrate Disney on Broadway
- Disney will celebrate 20 years of making Broadway magic with a prime-time, hour-long special next month on ABC that highlights many of its musicals, including "Beauty and the Beast," ''The Lion King," ''Aida," ''Tarzan," ''The Little Mermaid," ''Mary Poppins," ''Newsies" and "Aladdin."
Love Memoir Due In 2016
- Mike Love, a founding member of the Beach Boys and lead singer on such hits as "Surfin' U.S.A." and "Little Deuce Coupe," has a book deal.
Billboard Album Chart to Add Streams to Sales
- Billboard's chart is getting a makeover.
Leno Cancels Gig at Firearms Trade Show
- Comedian and television talk show host Jay Leno has canceled a scheduled appearance at a large firearms trade show on the Las Vegas Strip.
Director Mike Nichols Dies at 83
- Mike Nichols, the director of matchless versatility who brought fierce wit, caustic social commentary and wicked absurdity to such film, TV and stage hits as "The Graduate," ''Angels in America" and "Monty Python's Spamalot," has died. He was 83.
Affleck Praises Wife and Talks Maher Spat
- Ben Affleck was honored Wednesday night with an award from Save the Children. Before the gala, the actor spoke openly about his admiration for his wife, Jennifer Garner, and his spat last month with "Real Time" host Bill Maher.
CBS News Chief Stepping Down
- CBS News Chairman Jeff Fager says he is leaving that role after four years to go back to his former full-time job as top producer at "60 Minutes."
Multiple Fractures For Bono In New York Accident
- A New York City doctor says U2 singer Bono suffered multiple fractures and had to have two surgeries after his weekend bicycle accident.
Cosby Still Set to Perform in Las Vegas
- Comedian Bill Cosby is set to perform at the Treasure Island hotel-casino on the Las Vegas Strip despite revived allegations from women who say Cosby sexually assaulted them.
NBC Scraps New Cosby Sitcom After Allegations
- NBC says it has scrapped a Bill Cosby comedy that was under development, the second outlet within a day to put off or abandon a Cosby project as another sexual assault allegation against the comic has emerged.
More Local Entertainment News
Local Movie Theatres
Regal Horizon Stadium 8
50 West Hwy. 50
Stateline, NV 89449
Entertainment Headlines - ABC.com