Do The Nugget Tonight!
For all the latest information on our weekly top-name entertainment, go to janugget.com and Do The Nugget Tonight!
Local Entertainment News
Sunny 106.9 Changing Name
Updated: 1:25 PM
- Reno adult contemporary radio station KRNO-FM, "Sunny 106.9," will have a new name later this month, switching to “More FM™.”
Bieber Gets May 5 Trial Date in Florida Case
Posted: 1:39 PM
- A May 5 trial date has been set for Justin Bieber in the Florida case charging him with driving under the influence, resisting arrest and possessing an invalid driver's license.
Keith Richards Picture Book Out this Fall
Posted: 1:37 PM
- Keith Richards is writing a children's book. He really is.
London's "We Will Rock You" Closing After 12 Years
Posted: 1:48 PM
- "We Will Rock You" won't be rocking in London much longer.
"Fatal Vision" Author McGinniss Dies at 71
Posted: 1:51 PM
- "Fatal Vision" author Joe McGinniss has died at age 71.
Glitches Spoil "True Detective" Finale Online
- HBO says its streaming service is running again, although disappointingly late for many anxious fans of the "True Detective" series.
Police: Miley Fan Snuck Into Dressing Room
- Police say an 18-year-old Miley Cyrus fan sneaked into her dressing room a day before her Omaha concert and left a note pleading her to meet him.
Mel Tillis Recovering from Heart Surgery
- Country Music Hall of Fame singer Mel Tillis is recovering in Nashville after heart surgery over the weekend.
Ted Turner Recovering from Appendicitis Surgery
- Media mogul Ted Turner says he's bouncing back from surgery and is looking forward to getting back to business as usual.
Plans Eyed For 'Confederacy Of Dunces' Onstage
- Things are looking up for fans of the hard-to-love Ignatius Reilly - finally. A New Orleans-based theatrical production company has plans to turn the obnoxious, overweight and very funny protagonist of "A Confederacy of Dunces" into a stage hero.
'300' Sequel Rules Box Office with $45.1M Debut
- The stylish combat film "300: Rise of an Empire" topped the box office with a strong debut of $45.1 million seven years after the original "300" became an unlikely sensation.
Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' Dies at 92
- The veteran stage, film and TV performer best known for playing Alice Kramden in the 1960s re-creation of "The Honeymooners" has died. Sheila MacRae was 92.
Producer of Early Grammy, NFL Telecasts Dead at 93
- The producer of early Grammy and National Football League telecasts has died.
PBS' O'Brien Says He'll Be OK After Losing Arm
- PBS science correspondent Miles O'Brien says he'll be OK, despite having most of his left arm amputated only three weeks ago.
'Book Of Mormon' Musical Coming to Utah In 2015
- A popular satirical musical about Mormon missionaries will play next year in Salt Lake City, just down the street from the worldwide headquarters of the faith it's mocking.
Vince Vaughn Brings Comedy Festival To Nashville
- Actor Vince Vaughn is bringing a new comedy festival to Nashville this spring with live tapings and stand-up acts to be held at the city's music venues.
Batkid and Spider-Man Hang Out After Oscar Show Cut
- A California boy who was treated for leukemia and became famous as "Batkid" got to spend time with another superhero after his planned appearance at the Academy Awards was cut.
New Bacon App Lets You Wake Up and Smell the Bacon
- Want to wake up to the sound of bacon sizzling on the stove with its aroma drawing you out of bed?
Washington Returning to "Grey's Anatomy"
- ABC says Isaiah Washington will return to "Grey's Anatomy" for a guest appearance in May, seven years after he was fired from the medical drama.
Whitaker Joining "60 Minutes"
- Veteran CBS News correspondent Bill Whitaker is joining the cast of the network's "60 Minutes."
Police Arrest Woman Found in Bieber's House
- Police in suburban Atlanta have apprehended a woman they say was found sleeping in a bedroom at a home rented by pop star Justin Bieber.
Queen Going on Tour With Adam Lambert
- Queen will embark on a summer tour with Adam Lambert as its frontman.
ABC to Air Four Figure-Skating Specials
- ABC says it will air figure-skating specials with Sochi Olympic gold medalists Meryl Davis and Charlie White among the performers.
Prison for Lake Crash That Killed Usher's Stepson
- The Atlanta man convicted in a jet ski crash that killed the stepson of R&B singer Usher has been ordered to serve four years in prison.
Stars Line Up to Pay Tribute to Dr. John
- Stars including Gregg Allman, Mavis Staples and Allen Toussaint have signed on to a special tribute concert to musician Dr. John.
More Local Entertainment News
Local Movie Theatres
Century Park Lane 16
210 E. Plumb Lane
Reno, NV 89502
Entertainment Headlines - ABC.com
Chris Harrison 'Bachelor' Finale: 'More Juan Pablo Spoke, Worse He Looked'
Chris Harrison sounds off on Juan Pablo's season finale of "The Bachelor."
'Bachelor' Juan Pablo Finally Breaks His Silence
Last night on the "Bachelor" finale, Juan Pablo picked Nikki Ferrell but in an unusual manner.
He bought a ring, but didn't propose. He said "I like you ... a lot," but didn't say "I love you." He continued to refuse to say those three magic words on "After the Final Rose," to the chagrin of host Chris Harrison.
Also, when Harrison asked about their plans, like where they are in their relationship and where they plan to live, Pablo once again stonewalled the audience and its host.
Read: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap: Juan Pablo Chooses Between Nikki and Clare
This "swkward" finale got social media buzzing.
People began tweeting at Ferrell telling her to "leave him," that she "could do better," that she was "weak" and so forth.
The newly-crowned "Bachelor" winner felt the need to respond to everyone with a tweet.
Related: Meet the New 'Bachelorette,' Andi Dorfman
"Being in the public eye does NOT give you the right to say what you want to me," she said. "Your words hurt no matter what. Be ashamed of yourselves."
Jennifer Lopez Is Still Wondering Why She's Not OK Being Alone
At 44, Jennifer Lopez has developed a new attitude about dating.
Former 'Bachelor' Sean Lowe Slams Juan Pablo's Behavior
Sean Lowe was noticably uncomfortable last night when Juan Pablo Galavis didn't want to discuss his feelings on "The Bachelor's After the Final Rose."
He even tweeted that it was "painful to watch" as host Chris Harrison tried time and again to get the current "Bachelor" to tell the winner Nikki Ferrell he loved her.
Today, Lowe is speaking up again.
"My take on last night: I commend JP on not proposing if he isn't ready. And he certainly shouldn't feel pressured to say 'I love you,'" he tweeted. "However, as the bachelor you can't say I want to keep my feelings private. You owe it to the fans and network to open up. That's the job."
Finally he followed up about the back and forth that happened between Galavis and Harrison, where the former pro soccer player gave the show host some harsh words for interupting him.
"Lastly, disrespecting the nicest guy in show business @chrisbharrison should be a crime. That's my take. Wish them nothing but happiness," he said.
Lena Dunham: 'I Don't Know If I'm Going to Want to Act Anymore'
Enjoy her stint on TV while it lasts, because it may not last much longer!
"Girls" star and creator Lena Dunham, 27, is thinking of stepping out from in front of the camera.
"I don't know if I'm going to want to act anymore," she told Glamour for its latest issue, on newsstands March 18. "I'm always relieved on the days I don't have to."
In fact, the artist, who may begin to focus on directing and writing added that she prefers to see others onscreen than herself.
"I'd rather give parts to other women than be the woman having the parts," she added.