Do The Nugget Tonight!
For all the latest information on our weekly top-name entertainment, go to janugget.com and Do The Nugget Tonight!
Local Entertainment News
Eisner: NFL Team Would Boost Downtown Los Angeles
Posted: 10:21 AM
- When Michael Eisner was chief executive at The Walt Disney Co., the entertainment giant founded the NHL's Mighty Ducks of Anaheim and owned the Los Angeles Angels.
Grammy-Winning Singer Claims To Be Broke
- Creed frontman Scott Stapp says he's broke.
Amherst Cuts Ties With Comedian
- The University of Massachusetts-Amherst has cut ties with alumnus Bill Cosby amid allegations by women accusing him of sexual assault.
Cosby Testimony Describes Accuser's Story; New Appearance Canceled
- Bill Cosby testified under oath in 2005 that he gave a tabloid an exclusive about sex-assault allegations made by a Canadian woman against him so it would spike a second accuser's story.
Hanks and Wife to Host Christmas Tree Lighting
- Tom Hanks and his wife, actress Rita Wilson, will host this year's National Christmas Tree lighting in President's Park near the White House.
"Late Late Show" Subs Announced
- Singer John Mayer, filmmaker Judd Apatow and comic Drew Carey will be among the guest hosts that will fill in on CBS's "The Late Late Show" before new host James Corden takes over in March.
Garth Brooks Cites Ferguson in "Tonight Show" Cancellation
- Singer Garth Brooks has canceled a Thanksgiving appearance on NBC's "Tonight" show because he said it "seemed distasteful" given the reaction to the decision not to prosecute Ferguson, Missouri, police officer Darren Wilson for the shooting of Michael Brown this summer.
Mandolinist Thile to Guest Host "Prairie Home Companion"
- Host Garrison Keillor plans to stay home and listen to "A Prairie Home Companion" on the radio for a couple of shows this winter.
Cobain is Focus of New Documentary
- Kurt Cobain is the focus of a new documentary that probes the life and untimely death of the Nirvana singer-guitarist.
AC/DC Drummer Clowns Around in Court
- AC/DC drummer Phil Rudd showed up late for a New Zealand court appearance and clowned around by jumping on the back of one of his security guards outside the courthouse.
Cirque Show Scene Returns After Performer's Death
- A key battle scene near the end of Cirque du Soleil's "Ka" show is coming back more than a year and a half after a performer fell 94 feet to her death when a wire rope snapped during the stunt.
New Fey Sitcom Headed to Netflix
- Netflix has picked up two seasons of a new sitcom from Tina Fey.
Rough Week for Fox in Nielsen Ratings
- If Fox launches a comeback over the next couple of years, the network may very well look upon the week before Thanksgiving 2014 as its low point.
Music Industry Debates Streaming
- A debate has been brewing in music industry circles about the financial and creative value of streaming music, even as its popularity and impact skyrocket.
Cowardly Lion Costume Fetches $3M
- Bert Lahr's Cowardly Lion costume from the classic film "The Wizard of Oz" has sold for more than $3 million at an auction in New York City.
Bill Weir's CNN Show to Start in 2015
- Bill Weir's new series on CNN will entail a lot of travel.
Chestnut Gobbles Up Over 9 Pounds Of Turkey
- Competitive eater Joey Chestnut has won a turkey-eating contest in Connecticut, setting a record by devouring an entire bird.
Awards Show Has Worldwide Flavor
- Is this the AMAs the American Music Awards or the Australian Music Awards?
Mockingjay Sets Pace At Movie Box Office
- "Mockingjay, Part 1" didn't catch fire like the last installment of "The Hunger Games," but it still set the highest opening of the year with $123 million at the weekend box office.
Reno and Vegas Cosby Performances Canceled
- Officials at the Treasure Island hotel-casino on the Las Vegas Strip say they've mutually agreed with comedian Bill Cosby to cancel his upcoming performance there amid a growing number of sexual assault allegations.
"Queen Latifah Show" Ending After This Season
- "The Queen Latifah Show" will be ending after this season.
Billy Joel to Set MSG Record
- Billy Joel will set a record for the most performances by any artist at Madison Square Garden with his upcoming 65th show scheduled for this summer.
Swift Getting Award for Excellence
- Taylor Swift is getting a special - and new - award from the American Music Awards.
ABC to Celebrate Disney on Broadway
- Disney will celebrate 20 years of making Broadway magic with a prime-time, hour-long special next month on ABC that highlights many of its musicals, including "Beauty and the Beast," ''The Lion King," ''Aida," ''Tarzan," ''The Little Mermaid," ''Mary Poppins," ''Newsies" and "Aladdin."
Love Memoir Due In 2016
- Mike Love, a founding member of the Beach Boys and lead singer on such hits as "Surfin' U.S.A." and "Little Deuce Coupe," has a book deal.
More Local Entertainment News
Local Movie Theatres
Century Park Lane 16
210 E. Plumb Lane
Reno, NV 89502
Entertainment Headlines - ABC.com