Do The Nugget Tonight!
For all the latest information on our weekly top-name entertainment, go to janugget.com and Do The Nugget Tonight!
Local Entertainment News
Woman's Secret Santa Turns Out To Be Bill Gates
Posted: 8:44 PM
- A spokesman for Gates confirmed he participated. Spokesman John Pinette says the billionaire philanthropist wanted to engage with Reddit's community and promote Heifer International, a foundation that provides seeds and animals to people in need in the developing world.
Christie's To Auction Trove Of 85 Joan Miro Works
Posted: 8:41 PM
- Portugal took ownership of the 85 Miro works when it nationalized the struggling Banco Portugues de Negocios, or BPN, during the 2008 global banking crisis.
Paul Rudd Cast As Superhero Ant-Man In Marvel Film
Posted: 8:37 PM
- The 44-year-old actor is starring in "Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues." He'll play scientist Henry "Hank" Pym, who uses a chemical substance to change his size to fight crime.
Jury Says Portrait of Fawcett Belongs to O'Neal
Posted: 3:39 PM
- A jury says an Andy Warhol portrait of late actress Farrah Fawcett belongs to actor Ryan O'Neal and he should be allowed to keep it.
Katie Couric Leaving Syndicated TV Show
Posted: 2:25 PM
- Katie Couric is calling it quits on her weekday syndicated talk show as she heads to Yahoo.
Author Hired to Write Sequel to Larsson Series
- The Swedish publisher of the best-selling "The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo" trilogy said Tuesday it has hired an author to write a sequel to the series by Stieg Larsson, who died in 2004.
Doomsday Minister Harold Camping Dead at 92
- The California preacher who used his evangelical radio network and thousands of billboards to broadcast the end of the world has died at age 92.
Country Legend Ray Price Dies at 87
- Ray Price, a towering traditional country singer who was one of the last living connections to Hank Williams, has died. He was 87.
Romance Writer Dailey Dead at 69
- Romance writer Janet Dailey, whose books sold more than 325 million copies worldwide, has died at her southwest Missouri home. She was 69.
de Havilland Mourns Sister Fontaine
- Olivia de Havilland has offered a rare public comment to say that she is "shocked and saddened" by the death of her sister and fellow actress Joan Fontaine.
"Hobbit" Wins Weekend Box Office
- The Warner Bros. fantasy "Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug" debuted at No. 1 at the weekend box office both domestically and internationally.
Chris Brown's Probation Revoked Over DC Arrest
- A judge has revoked Chris Brown's probation because of his arrest for allegedly hitting a man in Washington, D.C., earlier this year.
Ryan O'Neal and University Make Final Pitch to Jury
- A jury should honor Farrah Fawcett's wishes and force Ryan O'Neal to hand over a portrait of the late actress done by Andy Warhol to the University of Texas at Austin, a lawyer for the school argued Monday.
'Lawrence of Arabia' Star Peter O'Toole Dead at 81
- Peter O'Toole, the charismatic actor who achieved instant stardom as Lawrence of Arabia and was nominated eight times for an Academy Award, has died. He was 81.
KISS Guitarist Frehley's NY Home Goes Up in Flames
- A suburban New York house owned by former KISS lead guitarist Ace Frehley has gone up in flames.
Khloe Kardashian Files for Divorce from Lamar Odom
- After months of speculation, Khloe Kardashian is ending her four-year marriage to Lamar Odom.
Bruno Mars is Billboard's Top Artist of 2013
- Miley Cyrus twerked her way to the top of the charts and Justin Timberlake returned to music after a seven-year hiatus, but another artist owned music in 2013: Bruno Mars.
Prince Harry, Trek Teams Reach the South Pole
- Prince Harry and his fellow adventurers have made it to the South Pole.
Beyonce Releases New Album on iTunes
- Beyonce has announced and released an album on the same day.
LA to Offer $75K Reward in TV Director's Death
- Los Angeles officials are offering a $75,000 reward in the fatal home-invasion shooting of a director on the reality TV show "America's Next Top Model."
Man Gets Porn With Redbox Rental
- A Northern California man who rented a children's movie from DVD kiosk operator Redbox got something very different instead.
Beastie Boys Fire Back Over Toy Company Parody
- The Beastie Boys are firing back after an Oakland toy company sued them over a video parody of their song "Girls."
Golden Globe Nominations
- The slavery epic "12 Years a Slave" and the con-artist caper "American Hustle" lead the 71st annual Golden Globes with seven nominations each.
More Than 2M XBox One Units Sold in 18 Days
- Microsoft says more than 2 million of its Xbox One consoles have been sold since the system's launch 18 days ago.
Pacers-Heat Game Draws Record Ratings for NBA-TV
- The Indiana Pacers' 90-84 victory over the Miami Heat on Tuesday night was the most-watched game ever on the league's NBA TV outlet.
More Local Entertainment News
Local Movie Theatres
Century Park Lane 16
210 E. Plumb Lane
Reno, NV 89502