Do The Nugget Tonight!
For all the latest information on our weekly top-name entertainment, go to janugget.com and Do The Nugget Tonight!
Local Entertainment News
Klum To Appear On Ads In Vegas Airport
- Images of Heidi Klum will appear in an electronics company's ads inside McCarran International Airport in Las Vegas after all.
Tom Brokaw's Cancer In Remission
- Tom Brokaw says his cancer is in remission.
Elton The Entertainer Marries Longtime Mate
- Entertainer Elton John and longtime mate David Furnish officially married Sunday on the ninth anniversary of the day they entered into a civil partnership.
Source: US Asks China For Help After Cyberattack
- The United States is asking China for help as it weighs potential responses to a cyberattack against Sony Pictures Entertainment that the U.S. has blamed on North Korea.
Tahoe Shakespeare Festival Set To Expand
Updated: 8:43 AM
- The Lake Tahoe Shakespeare Festival will feature an expanded two-show season in 2015.
Hobbit Takes Top Spot At Box Office
- Peter Jackson's "Hobbit" finale went out on top at the box office, debuting with $56.2 million over the weekend and taking in $90.6 million since opening Wednesday, according to studio estimates Sunday.
"The Interview" follows Path of Other Comedies
- Kim Jong Un isn't alone. Queen Elizabeth II, Saddam Hussein and Pope Pius XIII have also been the targets of wacky assassination attempts on film.
White Lion Euthanized At Cincinnati Zoo
- An aging white lion given to the Cincinnati Zoo by performers Siegfried & Roy had to be euthanized because of age-related health issues.
Sony On Shelving 'The Interview': 'We Had No Choice'
- Following pointed criticism from President Barack Obama for shelving "The Interview," Sony Pictures Entertainment on Friday defended its decision, claiming it had no choice but to cancel the film's Christmas Day theatrical release.
Alpenglow Sports Winter Film Series Underway
- For the last nine years, Tahoe City-based Alpenglow Sports has sponsored a winter film series featuring world-class athletes. The sessions are free, open to everyone, and raise money for local non-profit groups.
Film Students to Play Role in Oscars Show
- As many as six aspiring filmmakers will appear in next year's Academy Awards ceremony, and Channing Tatum will help them get there.
Pitts Replacing Abrams as "Nightline" Anchor
- ABC News says Byron Pitts is taking over for Dan Abrams as a co-anchor of "Nightline."
Van Dyke Tells Seniors to "Keep Moving"
- Dick Van Dyke plans to put his upbeat approach to old age between covers in a new inspirational book.
Fatal South By Southwest Crash Leads to Lawsuits
- The initial wave of victim lawsuits since four people died at the South by Southwest music festival accuse organizers of safety lapses after a driver struck a crowd of concertgoers.
Bruce and Kris Jenner Finalize Divorce
- Court records show Kris and Bruce Jenner have finalized their divorce, but they won't be officially single until March.
Sony Pulls "The Interview"; Hacking Connected to N. Korea
- A U.S. official says federal investigators have now connected the Sony Pictures Entertainment Inc. hacking to North Korea and are expected to make an announcement in the near future.
Fraternity Suspended Over 'Beyonce' Holiday Card
- A University of Pennsylvania fraternity has been suspended pending an investigation into a holiday card showing the mostly white group posing with what it says was a Beyoncé sex doll.
NYC Rapper Bobby Shmurda Arrested in Drug Case
- Up-and-coming rapper Bobby Shmurda has been arrested in New York City in a gun and narcotics investigation.
Stanford Aims to Bring Player Pianos Back to Life
- Stanford University wants to unlock the secrets of the player piano - the high-tech music machine of the early 20th century.
Dish Adds Netflix App to Some of Its Set-Top Boxes
- Dish is making it easier to watch video from an online rival, Netflix.
Richard C. Hottelet, Last of Original 'Murrow's Boys,' Dies
- Richard C. Hottelet, the last of the original "Murrow's Boys," has died. He was 97.
Elton John, David Furnish to Tie Knot Again
- Elton John and his partner David Furnish plan to tie the knot for a second time, following the legalization of same-sex marriage in Britain.
SF Official Unveils Live Music Measure
- A San Francisco supervisor wants to make sure new housing developments in the city don't push out live music venues.
Fixes Planned for Clinic That Treated Rivers
- A federal agency has accepted planned fixes at the New York City clinic where Joan Rivers suffered a fatal complication during a medical procedure.
Sony Hackers Threaten Theaters; Former Employees Sue Over Info
- Two former employees of Sony Pictures Entertainment are suing the company for not preventing hackers from stealing nearly 50,000 social security numbers, salary details and other personal information from current and former workers.
More Local Entertainment News
Local Movie Theatres
Century Sparks and XD
1250 Victorian Ave
Sparks, NV 89431
Entertainment Headlines - ABC.com