Sheriff: Carbon Monoxide Killed TV Star

By: AP Email
By: AP Email

CHARLESTON, W.Va. (AP) - Authorities in West Virginia say a star of the MTV reality show "BUCKWILD" and two passengers all died of carbon monoxide poisoning.

Twenty-one-year-old Shain Gandee, his uncle and another passenger were found dead Monday. Gandee's 1984 Ford Bronco was stuck in a mud hole, its tail pipe submerged. It's possible the gas could have filled the cabin because of the clogged exhaust pipe.

The Kanawha County Sheriff's Department says autopsies completed Tuesday confirmed the three men died from the gas.

Their deaths have been ruled accidental.

The victims' bodies have been released to funeral homes, but no arrangements have yet been announced.

Shooting for the second season of the show set around Sissonville and Charleston has been suspended.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
KOLO-TV 4850 Ampere Drive Reno, NV 89502
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 201124221