NEW YORK (AP) - Prosecutors are not moving forward with charges against Lindsay Lohan after she was accused of clipping a man with her car outside a New York nightclub.
The "Mean Girls" star had been due to make her first court appearance in the case Tuesday. But the Manhattan district attorney's office says there now is no court date scheduled at any point.
Lohan publicist Steve Honig says the allegations proved to be "a big nothing," as he'd said from the start. The DA's office wouldn't elaborate.
The 26-year-old Lohan was arrested on a charge of leaving an accident scene. Restaurant worker Jose Rodriguez said her Porsche hurt his knee last month.
Grainy surveillance footage showed Lohan's car turning as Rodriguez passed. Blurring to conceal witnesses' faces partially obscured the scene.
Copyright 2014 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.