September 2, 2014
LOS ANGELES (AP) - The Walt Disney Co. has announced that it would not renew its first-look deal with producer Jerry Bruckheimer.
The 69-year-old Bruckheimer produced such hits for the studio as "Pirates of the Caribbean," ''National Treasure," ''Armageddon," ''Con Air" and "The Rock."
The company said it will continue to focus on its branded properties from Disney, Pixar, Marvel and Lucasfilm.
Disney said it will keep working with Bruckheimer on the fifth installment of "Pirates of the Caribbean. The release date for the fifth movie in the series was removed from Disney's distribution schedule earlier this month. It was originally scheduled to launch July 10, 2015.
The move comes after Bruckheimer's "The Lone Ranger" failed at the box office this summer.
Copyright 2014 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.