September 19, 2014
VANCOUVER, British Columbia (AP) - A coroner says 'Glee' actor Cory Monteith died of an overdose of heroin and alcohol.
The British Columbia coroner's office says in a statement Tuesday that "there is no evidence to suggest Mr. Monteith's death was anything other than a most tragic accident."
The 31-year-old was found dead in his Vancouver, British Columbia, hotel room on Saturday. He was believed to be alone when he died.
Monteith had talked bluntly about struggling with addiction since he was a teenager, calling it a serious problem and telling Parade magazine in 2011 he was "lucky to be alive."
Copyright 2014 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.