October 31, 2014
NEW YORK (AP) - CBS News says it is conducting an ongoing review of its "60 Minutes" story on Benghazi that used a questionable source.
Lara Logan's story last month on the 2012 extremist attack on a U.S. mission in Libya relied partly on an interview with a man who said he was on the scene, but doubt was later cast on whether he was there at all. Logan apologized for the story on "60 Minutes" on Sunday, but the network indicated Wednesday that the review wasn't over.
CBS News spokesman Kevin Tedesco said the review began after issues were raised about the story and it is ongoing. CBS would not say who is conducting the review or whether its findings will be made public.
Copyright 2014 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.