Do The Nugget Tonight!
For all the latest information on our weekly top-name entertainment, go to janugget.com and Do The Nugget Tonight!
Local Entertainment News
Lawyers For Hollywood Sex Abuse Accuser Want Out
- Lawyers for a former child model accusing 'X-Men' director Bryan Singer of sex abuse say they want out of the case because their relationship with the accuser has deteriorated.
Music Aside, Queen Of Soul Is Pumped For Fair Food
- There's something beyond delivering a set packed with her hits that's got Aretha Franklin jazzed about fair season: the food.
'Pawn Stars' TV Star Plans Stores Near Famous Shop
- The co-owner of the Las Vegas shop featured in the reality show "Pawn Stars" hopes a shopping center he's proposing will lure the long lines of tourists who visit his famous store.
Mayor: Times Square Characters Should Be Licensed
- New York Mayor Bill de Blasio said Monday he believes the people wearing character costumes in Times Square should be licensed and regulated.
Country Concert Lands Boozers In Custody
- Authorities say several dozen people were treated for alcohol-related illnesses at a weekend Keith Urban concert in Massachusetts.
Ohio Amusement Park Ride Malfunctions; Injures Two
- An Ohio amusement park ride that swings riders as high as 125 feet has been closed indefinitely after a cable snapped, injuring two visitors.
Cincinnati Man Wins Death Valley Race
- A Cincinnati man has won what is widely considered the most grueling race in all of running.
Families At Center Of Potential California Law
- California lawmakers are considering legislation to modernize family law in the wake of high-profile family feuds.
Psychotic Thriller Tops Box Office
- Luc Besson's "Lucy" proved mind can overpower muscle, topping a remake of "Hercules" by director Brett Ratner at the box office on the weekend.
Zimmerman To Appeal NBC Lawsuit Dismissal
- George Zimmerman has filed a notice to appeal the dismissal of his defamation lawsuit against NBC Universal and three reporters.
Marching Band Leader Fired After Sexual Harrassment Scandal
- Ohio State University has fired the director of its celebrated marching band amid allegations he knew about and ignored "serious cultural issues" including sexual harassment.
Nearly 500 Golf Professionals Lose Jobs
- The Dick's Sporting Goods chain has laid off 478 Professional Golfers' Association teaching pros months after the company reported that sales of golf gear are dwindling.
Duran Duran Suing Own Fan Club
- Popular 1980s band Duran Duran is suing its own fan club.
CBS: Colbert's "Late Show" Will Stay in NY
- Stephen Colbert will not only be following in David Letterman's footsteps, he'll be doing it on the same stage.
Divorce Final for Michael Moore
- Filmmaker Michael Moore's divorce from Kathleen Glynn has been finalized, ending their two-decade-long marriage.
"Mamma Mia" Closing on Strip After Three Months
- The hit Broadway musical "Mamma Mia!" is closing early next month after only three months on the Las Vegas Strip.
Comic Shops and Book Stores Celebrate Batman Day
- Stores in Reno will hold special events to celebrate the 75th anniversary of Batman.
'X-Men' VR Experience Coming To Comic-Con
- The 360-degree, 90-second virtual adventure will take place on the Comic-Con show floor inside Fox's booth. Attendees will sit in a replica of Professor X's wheelchair and virtually hunt mutants in the San Diego Convention Center.
Ken Burns Turns His Lens On Roosevelt Dynasty
- The series covers Theodore's birth in 1858 to Eleanor's death in 1962. In between, Theodore was elected president and his niece Eleanor married her fifth cousin, Franklin, who became president.
Harrison Tree Killed By Beetles
- A tree planted in Los Angeles to honor former Beatle George Harrison has been killed - by beetles.
ABC's Paula Faris Gets Weekend Anchor Job
- Paula Faris is replacing the departing Bianna Golodryga as the news anchor on the weekend edition of "Good Morning America."
Black and White Stripes Are the New Orange
- A Michigan sheriff says he's trading his inmates' orange jumpsuits for black-and-white stripes, in part due to pop culture.
Twain Winding Down Vegas Residency
- Country superstar Shania Twain says she'll end her residency in Las Vegas with a final show Dec. 13, two years after she began performing at Caesars Palace.
Coroner: Electric Daisy Attendee Died of Drug OD
- Authorities say an Electric Daisy Carnival attendee who was found unresponsive in a Las Vegas Strip hotel room died after consuming Ecstasy, cocaine and ethanol.
Comic-Con Offers Toy Designers Chance to Go Wild
- Hot Wheels and the dark side of The Force are carpooling to Comic-Con this week.
More Local Entertainment News
Entertainment Headlines - ABC.com
Orlando Bloom vs. Justin Bieber in Club Confrontation
Actor Orlando Bloom reportedly tried to punch Justin Bieber at an Ibiza, Spain, night spot early Wednesday, with part of the apparent confrontation captured on video by fellow partiers.
Why Kim Kardashian West Slammed Adrienne Bailon
Nobody better mess with the Kardashians.
Kim Kardashian West took to Twitter early this morning to rip into Adrienne Bailon for calling out her brother Rob in a Latina Magazine interview, where Bailon said she feels trapped being tied to the Kardashian name just because she dated someone in the family.
"To be stuck with that Kardashian label, that was so hurtful to me and to my career," Bailon said.
Andi and Josh Share Details of Their Secret Dates
"Bachelorette" fans learned Monday night that Andi Dorfman and Josh Murray were engaged.
But the proposal actually happened months ago and, since the end of filming, the two have had to sneak around Atlanta, where they both live, to see each other.
See Melanie Griffith Cover Up 'Antonio' Tattoo With Her Own Name
You have to give her style points.
After announcing her split from Antonio Banderas early in June, Melanie Griffith, 56, was seen a week later covering up her "Antonio" tattoo with what looked like makeup as she walked various red carpets.
Maksim Chmerkovskiy Retires From 'Dancing With the Stars'
After winning it all just a few weeks ago, Maksim Chmerkovskiy has retired from performing on "Dancing With the Stars."
"I'm done dancing," the season 18 winner said today on "The View."