Do The Nugget Tonight!
For all the latest information on our weekly top-name entertainment, go to janugget.com and Do The Nugget Tonight!
Local Entertainment News
'X-Men' VR Experience Coming To Comic-Con
Posted: 6:04 PM
- The 360-degree, 90-second virtual adventure will take place on the Comic-Con show floor inside Fox's booth. Attendees will sit in a replica of Professor X's wheelchair and virtually hunt mutants in the San Diego Convention Center.
Ken Burns Turns His Lens On Roosevelt Dynasty
Posted: 5:33 PM
- The series covers Theodore's birth in 1858 to Eleanor's death in 1962. In between, Theodore was elected president and his niece Eleanor married her fifth cousin, Franklin, who became president.
Harrison Tree Killed By Beetles
Posted: 12:36 PM
- A tree planted in Los Angeles to honor former Beatle George Harrison has been killed - by beetles.
ABC's Paula Faris Gets Weekend Anchor Job
- Paula Faris is replacing the departing Bianna Golodryga as the news anchor on the weekend edition of "Good Morning America."
Black and White Stripes Are the New Orange
- A Michigan sheriff says he's trading his inmates' orange jumpsuits for black-and-white stripes, in part due to pop culture.
Twain Winding Down Vegas Residency
- Country superstar Shania Twain says she'll end her residency in Las Vegas with a final show Dec. 13, two years after she began performing at Caesars Palace.
Coroner: Electric Daisy Attendee Died of Drug OD
- Authorities say an Electric Daisy Carnival attendee who was found unresponsive in a Las Vegas Strip hotel room died after consuming Ecstasy, cocaine and ethanol.
Comic-Con Offers Toy Designers Chance to Go Wild
- Hot Wheels and the dark side of The Force are carpooling to Comic-Con this week.
Moonwalk Celebrates 45 Years Of History
- It was 45 years ago today that Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin became the first humans to set foot on the moon.
Veteran Nevada Boxing Referee And Judge Dies At 96
- Art Lurie, a top boxing judge and referee in Nevada who worked more than 200 world championship fights, died late Thursday at the age of 96.
'Apes' Tops Box Office With Nearly $36 Million
- "Dawn of the Planet of the Apes" outmuscled a trio of new films, as the science fiction sequel topped the box office for the second-straight week with an estimated $36 million.
Judge Orders James Brown Documents Made Public
- A judge has ordered South Carolina's attorney general to turn over documents to a freelance journalist investigating the fight over the estate of soul singer James Brown.
Legend Of TV And Movies James Garner Dies At 86
- Actor James Garner, wisecracking star of TV's "Maverick" who went on to a long career on both small and big screen, has died. He was 86.
Actor Johnson Tells Christie To Remove Video
- Dwayne Johnson says he considers New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie "a buddy" despite making Christie take down an online video that featured the Hollywood star.
Casey Kasem's Remains May Be Lost
- A judge in Washington state has granted Casey Kasem's daughter a temporary restraining order preventing the famous radio host's wife from cremating his remains - but it's unclear where those remains are, or whether they've already been disposed of.
CNN Reassigns Reporter After Israel Tweet
- CNN has pulled reporter Diana Magnay out of the Middle East after she referred to a group of Israelis who had allegedly threatened her while reporting on Gaza as "scum" in a tweet.
Lawsuit: Tyler Perry Interfered With Studio
- A Georgia entertainment company is suing Tyler Perry, accusing the filmmaker of unfairly working with government officials to transform a former military base into a studio for Perry's company.
Bon Jovi Reportedly Part of Group Interested in Buffalo Bills
- Three people who have reviewed documents concerning the sale of the Buffalo Bills say a Toronto group that includes rocker Jon Bon Jovi is interested in buying the team.
Killer of "Little Rascals" Star Dies in Prison
- A man convicted of fatally stabbing former "Little Rascals" actor Jay R. Smith and dumping his body in the desert in 2002 has died in prison.
Man Gets Probation for Trespassing at Swift's Home
- A Massachusetts man has been sentenced to probation after being found guilty of trespassing at singer Taylor Swift's seaside mansion in Rhode Island.
Allman Filmmakers Speak Out on Train Crash
- Two filmmakers charged in a trash collision that killed a camera assistant while shooting a movie about singer Gregg Allman say the crash "will haunt us forever," but they insist they committed no crimes.
Marvel Unveils Black Captain America
- The new Captain America will be an African American.
Siegfried & Roy Welcome Snow White Tiger Cubs
- Magicians Siegfried & Roy are welcoming three new snowy white lion cubs to their Secret Garden habitat on the Las Vegas Strip.
Country Music Fest Set for Vegas
- A major new country music festival is planning to set up shop on the Las Vegas Strip in October.
CBS in Planning Stages for New Late-Night Era
- CBS is taking a wide-open approach to replacing Craig Ferguson in late-night, including the possibility of a host from politics, CBS Entertainment chief Nina Tassler said Thursday.
More Local Entertainment News
Entertainment Headlines - ABC.com