Sparks Fire extinguishes fire at apartment complex near Marina

By  | 
View Map

SPARKS, Nev. (KOLO) - Sparks Fire Department has extinguished a fire at an apartment complex on Nichols Boulevard, northwest of the Sparks Marina.

Flames were reported about 12:45PM January 19, 2018. Firefighters say the fire started in a utility closet that isn't part of a specific apartment unit, and spread to the attic. It's not clear yet how much damage there is to each of the eight units in the building, and there's no word yet when residents will be cleared to go back inside. The Red Cross is working with those residents to make sure they have places to stay.

One resident sustained a minor hand injury during the incident, according to Sparks Fire, and no other injuries have been reported. A dog was rescued from one of the units.

The cause has not been determined.