Las Vegas man killed in apartment fire ID'd

Las Vegas Fire & Rescue took this photograph at the scene of a cooking fire that killed 28-year-old Shaun Vega of Las Vegas.
By  | 

LAS VEGAS (AP) - Clark County officials have identified the man that died after a flash fire on a stove at Las Vegas apartment complex.

KTNV-TV reports 28-year-old Shaun Vega of Las Vegas died Saturday after suffering burns to his hand and face, and harm from smoke inhalation. Officials say the fire caused a total of $25,000 in damage. The fire destroyed the kitchen while the smoke damaged the rest of the apartment.

Firefighters found Vega Saturday by the door unresponsive. Vega was taken to a hospital where he was pronounced dead.

According to the report, it is the fifth fire fatality in the city this year.

(Copyright 2017 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)



 
Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station. powered by Disqus