New CEO denies prior knowledge of sex claims against founder

Photo: Steve Wynn
By  | 

LAS VEGAS (AP) - The new CEO of Las Vegas-based Wynn Resorts says he was not aware of any of the sexual misconduct accusations against casino mogul Steve Wynn before they surfaced in a news report last month.

Matt Maddox was appointed CEO on Feb. 6 after Wynn resigned.

The Wall Street Journal reported last month that a number of women said Wynn harassed or assaulted them and that one case led to a $7.5 million settlement.

Maddox says people should "hold off making any judgment" until the investigations into the accusations are complete.

Wynn has vehemently denied the accusations and attributed them to a campaign led by his ex-wife. An attorney for Elaine Wynn denies that claim.

Maddox says the company won't change its name or logo, which is Steve Wynn's signature.

(Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)