Man burns self after falling asleep near heater

By  | 
View Map

STATELINE, Nev. (KOLO) - The Tahoe-Douglas Fire Protection District is warning people to be careful with heaters after a man awoke to find himself on fire.

Investigators say early the morning of December 5, 2017, crews responded to Ridge Tahoe in Stateline for a fire and a man who had fallen asleep by a fireplace in his room. He was flown to UC Davis in California for treatment of severe burns to about half of his body.

The fire was limited to his clothing and carpet flooring.

See the attached safety sheet for tips about heating safety.



Related Documents