LYON COUNTY, Nev. (KOLO) - Lyon County Manager Jeff Page has received notification from the National Weather Service in Reno that the flows on the Walker River are being forecasted higher than the 3500 CFS predicted.
Page expects that by the middle of next week flows may be as high as 3900 CFS. Page held a meeting with the county and city Emergency Management teams Thursday to ensure that all are prepared for high water.
The City of Yerington with support from Lyon County will be conducting a community sand bag fill operation this Saturday (May 20, 2017) starting at 8:00 AM at the Yerington Airport. The City of Yerington and Lyon County are asking for community volunteers to help with sand bag filling and transportation.
The purpose of the operation is to fill and transport sandbags to senior citizens and physically disabled. Citizens can still self-fill and transport sandbags at the various fill locations
• Fire Station 40 In Smith Valley - 1 Hardie Ln, Smith Valley.
• Wellington Rodeo Arena - 2715 Hwy 208
• Mason Town Hall - 55 Bridge St, Mason.
• L.C. Road Yard - 18 Hwy 95A North (North side of office).
• L.C. Fair Grounds - 100 Hwy 95A East.
• City of Yerington Public Works Yard - Trowbridge Lane
• People physically incapable of self-filling sandbags can register to have filled sandbags delivered to them by clicking here.