CARSON CITY, Nev. (KOLO) - Five people have applied to the Nevada Commission Judicial Discipline to replace the late Washoe District Court Judge Patrick Flanagan.
The applicants announced Friday for the Department 7 seat are:
• Craig Denney, 49, of Reno, administrative law judge for the Social Security Administration.
• Carla B. Higginbotham, 44, of Reno, assistant United States attorney in Nevada.
• Orrin Jeffrey Harris Johnson, 41, of Carson City, deputy district attorney for the Carson City District Attorney’s Office.
• Gregory R. Shannon, 61, of Reno, Washoe District Court family court master
• Egan K. Walker, 55, of Reno, Washoe District Court , family court judge. Walker is applying to be a general jurisdiction judge.
The applications can be viewed at http://nvcourts.link/NVJudicialSelection.
Interviews are set for Dec. 11 and Dec. 12 at the Nevada Supreme Court in Carson City and will be open to the public.
The Commission invites written public comments about the applicant qualifications. Commission rules allow letters to remain confidential if requested by the letter writer, the commission said in a statement. However, the commission may discuss the contents of the letter with the applicant during executive session. Anonymous letters may not be considered at the discretion of the commissioners.
Submit written comments by 5 p.m. on Dec. 8 to:
Secretary, Commission on Judicial Selection
Nevada Supreme Court
201 S. Carson St., Suite 250
Carson City, Nevada, 89701
The commission will forward three names to Gov. Brian Sandoval.