Faulty outlet blamed for north Douglas County kitchen fire

FLAMES
By  | 
View Map

CARSON CITY, Nev. (KOLO) - Fire caused $55,000 to $75,000 in damage to a home Saturday in Indian Hills in northern Douglas County, East Fork Fire Protection District Capt. Terry Taylor said.

The people who live in the home were on vacation and the fire started because of a faulty wall outlet near the kitchen stove that started electrical cords on fire, Taylor said.

The fire in the 2500 block of Overlook Court in Indian Hills just south of Carson City was reported about 11:24 a.m. February 3, 2018. A neighbor saw smoke coming out of the attic and then saw a glow in the kitchen, Taylor said. Crews entered the home and found smoke throughout the home and a fire on a kitchen countertop.

Crews were finished by about 1 p.m., Taylor said.