Crews extinguish small brush fire near Hug High School

By  | 
View Map

RENO, Nev. (KOLO) - The Reno Fire Department says a small brush fire near Hug High School was likely started by someone using fireworks.

The 20- by 50-foot fire broke out just after midnight Monday morning near the fields at the school. Crews had the fire out within five minutes.

No structures were damaged, but a chain link fence was burned.

Firefighters say neighbors in the area reported hearing loud bangs moments before the fire started.

If you know anything about this case, please call the Reno Fire Department.