DOUGLAS COUNTY, NV - On Saturday, April 28, 10 am to 2 pm, the Douglas County Sheriff's Department will be conducting a prescription drug collection event at 5 locations within Douglas County.
The goal of the event is to remove unused or expired medications from medicine cabinets or other storage places to reduce the chance of illegal use by teenagers or others.
Acceptable items for drop-off include: unused or expired prescription drugs, over-the-counter pills, prescription liquids and pet medications.
No syringes or epipens will be accepted.
Collection locations include:
- Walmart Superstore 3770 Topsy Lane, in North Douglas County
- Walgreen’s Pharmacy 1342 Highway 395, in Gardnerville
- Safeway Supermarket 212 Elks Point Road, Round Hill at Lake Tahoe
- Sheriff’s Sub-Station 1281 Kimmerling Rd, in the Gardnerville Ranchos
- Topaz Fire Station 1476 Albite Road, Topaz Ranch Estates in South Douglas County.
There are also locations in Reno and Sparks during the same time frame:
Washoe County Sheriff's Office, 911 Parr Blvd, Reno.
Reno Police Department, 455 E. 2nd, Reno.
Sparks Police Department, 1701 E. Prater, Sparks.
Raley's, 18144 Wedge Parkway, Reno.
Scolari's, 1300 Disc Drive, Sparks/8165 S. Virginia, Reno.
Save Mart, 565 E. Prater, Sparks/9750 Pyramid, Sparks.
Walgreens, 10370 N. McCarran, Reno.
Walmart, 4855 Kietzke, Reno.