The mission of the Boys & Girls Club of Truckee Meadows is to enhance the quality of life for children, ages 0 to 18, in the Truckee Meadows. The Club is committed to creating healthy children, in body and mind, with a sense of competence, usefulness, responsibility, belonging and influence through diverse programs and community involvement. Founded in 1976, the Boys & Girls Club of Truckee Meadows has a long and established history serving the youth of our community. In 2012, the Club served more than 11,000 children at 20 Club sites throughout northern Nevada through after school, summer and track break programming. Each year the Club implements nearly 130 programs, activities and events to meet the varied needs and interests of members, like:
* Daily homework help and tutoring
* Fun educational programs that explore science, reading, math and writing
* Interactive programs that develop character and leadership skills
* Sports leagues for basketball, baseball, football and soccer
* Fitness and nutrition programs that help build a healthy future
* One-on-one mentoring with Club staff and community volunteers
* In-depth art programs in dance, music, drama and visual arts
* Free daily meals for all members
And while the Club spends more than $2,000 annually per child, the membership fee is just $20 per year. Your support makes sure Club services remain affordable so that every child has access to these programs and much more.
For more information or to support the Boys & Girls Club of Truckee Meadows please call (775) 331-KIDS (5437) or visit www.BGCTM.org.