4th Annual Ride for R.A.V.E
4th Annual Ride for R.A.V.E fundraiser helps local organization provide respite to families caring for children with special needs, while training high school students to work with these very special children.
More Community Spotlight
Statewide Recycled Art Contest
- The Nevada Recycles program has partnered with Las Vegas Sands Corp. to
support a statewide recycled art contest to increase Nevadans’ awareness and interest in recycling.
Truckee River Cleanup Day
- KTMB’s Truckee River Cleanup Day is Sept. 27, 8:00 – noon, and the volunteer barbecue will be held at Rock Park in Sparks.
NYEP's Fall Harvest Festival
- The Annual Fall Harvest Festival at Bartley Ranch will be held from 11am to 5pm on Saturday, September 27th, at 6000 Bartley Ranch Road. There will be games, food, and entertainment, where admission and parking is free.
More More Community Spotlight
Resources for Non-profits
The KOLOCares partnership process
- Creating media partnerships with local community organizations and events has been extremely successful. Since our launch in February, we’ve designed over 120 community-enhancing alliances.
Help Keep Truckee Meadows Beautiful
- Many of us love to take advantage of all the outdoor activities the Truckee Meadows has to offer. Now there’s a way you can enjoy the scenic views while keeping our area beautiful.
Don’t forget to hire or recruit an event photographer
- Community events occur on a very frequent basis here in Northern Nevada. Whether the events attract 20 or 2,000 people, there’s one commonality…great memories. However, not every event is properly captured, as recruiting the photographer is typically the last thought or forgotten. Here are a few tips for your next event.
Putting the donor first
- Focusing on the donor will help your organization reach its goals.
Steps of a charitable marketing plan
- Non-profit marketing involves the activities and strategies designed to spread the message of the organization
More Resources for Non-profits
SOS-Volunteer Match KOLOCares