More Community Spotlight
"Noah's Warriors" Help Fernley Family with Mounting Medical Bills
- An 11-year-old boy who was born with a heart defect is preparing for a third life-saving operation. "It sounds cheesy," says 11-year-old Noah Roque, "but we need a lot of support and when people participate it makes me feel good." From a fundraising softball tournament to t-shirt sales, neighbors are pitching in to help Noah's family with those high medical bills.
Red Shoe Gala Benefits Local Ronald McDonald House
- The third annual Red Shoe Gala helps hundreds of families who stay at the Ronald McDonald house while their kids are in the hospital.
Getting a Flu Shot? Share a Photo and Hashtag It!
- This flu season, Immunize Nevada and the Southern Nevada Immunization and Health Coalition (SNIHC) are encouraging Nevadans to pair up for the annual trek to get their flu vaccine, launching a “2 Against Flu” campaign.
More More Community Spotlight
Resources for Non-profits
It's National Feral Cat Day
- Today is National Feral Cat Day.
The KOLOCares partnership process
- Creating media partnerships with local community organizations and events has been extremely successful. Since our launch in February, we’ve designed over 120 community-enhancing alliances.
Help Keep Truckee Meadows Beautiful
- Many of us love to take advantage of all the outdoor activities the Truckee Meadows has to offer. Now there’s a way you can enjoy the scenic views while keeping our area beautiful.
Don’t forget to hire or recruit an event photographer
- Community events occur on a very frequent basis here in Northern Nevada. Whether the events attract 20 or 2,000 people, there’s one commonality…great memories. However, not every event is properly captured, as recruiting the photographer is typically the last thought or forgotten. Here are a few tips for your next event.
Putting the donor first
- Focusing on the donor will help your organization reach its goals.
More Resources for Non-profits
SOS-Volunteer Match KOLOCares