Some may claim that the cornerstone of our community’s success is interwoven with local businesses and their leaders. Locally strong businesses have been built on respect, loyalty, family, hard work and community commitment for many years. Recognizing the value behind partnerships with local non-profits has set these businesses apart as local leaders.
Much like KOLO-TV, strong local businesses believe in their roles to support non-profit organizations. Of course, recognizing the value of potential new business likely attributed to the level of commitment. Case in point, according to a recent study,
• 76% of consumers indicate they would switch brands or retailers to one associated with a good cause, when price and quality are equal; and,
• 87% of employees at companies with philanthropic programs feel a stronger sense of loyalty to their employer.
At KOLO Cares, we’ve identified a number of reasons, or benefits, to businesses as it relates to the contributions they make in our community. We’ve broken them down into external and internal benefits, as we feel that everyone wins.
External benefits of corporate giving:
• Improved customer loyalty;
• Enhanced reputation and standing in the community;
• Increased positive name recognition and brand awareness;
• New and enhanced relationships with key community leaders and officials;
• Beneficial business-to-business relationships with nonprofits;
• A reservoir of goodwill within the community; and,
• Healthier, more livable and economically stronger community.
Internal benefits of corporate giving:
• Competitive advantage in attracting and retaining employees;
• Leadership and development opportunities for employees;
• Exposure of senior staff to new ideas, points of view and community needs; and,
• Improved internal communication and common purpose.
There’s considerable opportunity to encounter business growth through active community engagement. Creating the engagement strategy, much like other corporate core strategies, will properly set the stage to achieve maximum results. KOLO Cares provides businesses with exposure to local non-profit organizations and their ways of become actively involved.
Businesses seeking to become more engaged with the community are invited to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.